Rootcanal therapy-RCT (Endodontics)
From Rootcanal therapy-RCT (Endodontics)
Root canal treatment is a dental procedure used to treat infected tooth pulp which would be otherwise extracted. The pulp is the soft tissue core of the tooth which contains nerves, blood supply and connective tissue necessary for tooth health.This is usually caused when bacteria enter the pulp through a deep cavity or failed filling.
Some indications for RCT:
- An abscess (or pimple) on the gums.
- Sensitivity to hot and cold.
- Swelling and/ or tenderness.
- Severe pain while biting.
- Discolouration of the tooth.
- Severe pain during sleep
- Tooth Mobility